At K.D. Black and Company, Inc. (“BLACK”), we understand the importance of the protection of the privacy of the personal information of individuals and the importance of security of personal information. This document sets out our policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and security of personal information.
Purposes of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
BLACK collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information of BLACK’s clients and customers only as necessary to operate BLACK, and to provide services to BLACK’s clients and customers. Operation of BLACK includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Provision of Services/Products: which will include any Personal Information necessary to provide services requested by you or your organization. We may also analyze the Personal Information provided to us to offer you additional services or products. You may, at any time, advise us that you do not wish to receive such information from BLACK.
- Media Sales: which will include the collection of names, addresses to provide Media Kits, Pricing, or Proposals.
- Billing: which will include the collection of names, addresses, banking and/or financial details.
- Measurement: compiling statistics for analytical and marketing purposes.
BLACK has designated a Privacy Compliance Officer to handle privacy matters and inquiries regarding personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
BLACK will disclose personal information only if consent is given by the relevant individual or:
- to businesses that assist BLACK in operating BLACK and in providing services to BLACK’s clients and customers;
- when permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process;
- to a purchaser of all or part of BLACK’s business; or
- to meet legal obligations such as tax and regulatory reporting.
Protecting Confidential Information, including Personal Information
BLACK protects confidential information of all types, including personal information, with organizational, physical, mechanical and electronic safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Access, Questions and Concerns
An individual may submit a written request to access his or her personal information retained by BLACK.
All correspondence should be sent to the following address:
e–mail to info@black–co.com or telephone (416) 979–0159
or by writing to: BLACK
301–517 Wellington Street West